Secfi is trusted by thousands of startup employees for equity planning and financing. We’re the first to provide a proprietary suite of equity planning tools, 1:1 guidance with licensed equity strategists and a set of financing products that enable employees to own a stake in the company they helped build. We also provide company-wide education for startups at all stages to help their team make the best decision for their own situation. Currently, we have worked with employees from more than 80% of all U.S. unicorns.
Working for a startup is like building a plane already flying in the air. It’s messy, it’s exciting, and you are constantly learning. Our core values — customer focus, perseverance, action, ownership, diversity and team — are embedded in everything we do.
For our Engineering team in Amsterdam we are looking for experienced and talented Software Backend Engineer (Python) who can help us improve the general quality of the codebase, implement best practices, and mentor more junior engineers. You’ll be responsible for building core services and essential business systems, Reusable libraries for future use, and optimized infrastructure to scale our services.
* Perform hands-on development
* Suggest and drive code quality improvements/initiatives
* Suggest and drive architectural improvements/initiatives
* Mentor/guide less experienced developers
* Suggest development standards and principles
What we’re looking for
* 3 to 7 years of relevant work experience in Python
* Experience with Python build processes and running Python applications in production environments
* Experience with cloud computing
* Pre: experience with Docker and Kubernetes, AWS services
* Pre: experience as a tech lead or a leadership role in general
* Demonstrated passion for building comprehensive, intelligent and elegant solutions
* Strong communication & team collaboration skills and willingness to learn
* Strong record of professional achievement, work ethic, and positive attitude
* Fun person to work with
* Fluent in English
What we offer
* Competitive salary, retirement benefits
* Employee-friendly equity plan
* A clear leveling framework to facilitate career progression
* 24 paid holidays
* Birthday off
* Annual training budget (3% of your annual salary)
* Additional savings contribution (2%)
* Internal 1-1 coaching
* Customized home work station stipend
* And last but not least, a great and fun experience
Who is Secfi?
Secfi’s mission is to help startup employees & shareholders understand, maximize and unlock the value of their equity. We provide education, tax planning tools and financing to guide employees on their journey from startup to exit.
Our set of online forecasting tools enable individuals to assess the value of their stock options and calculate the cost to exercise. Financing is available to help employees exercise options or unlock liquidity for important financial goals. And our team of Equity Advisors is available to assist every step of the way. We bring clarity, peace of mind and thoughtful planning to thousands of startup employees.
Working for a scale-up feels like building a plane while already flying in the air. It’s messy, it’s exciting, and you are constantly learning. Customer Focus, Perseverance, Action, Ownership, Diversity, and Team are embedded in everything we do.
Engineering @ Secfi
Our engineering team organizes itself in one or more chapters for each discipline. Within each chapter, a chapter lead is responsible for the personal and professional growth of each member and the culture within the chapter. The tech leads align the technological approach across chapters and coach and mentor other engineers. Any cross-cutting concern that does not (yet) justify creating a dedicated chapter is addressed in so-called Communities of Practice that all engineers are encouraged to create and/or join.Our product managers pitch projects to the chapters, which then form squads to solve the corresponding business problem. All members of the squads are involved early in the process and partake in problem and solution discovery, prototyping, and user testing as well as all other aspects of the product development process. During this process, we strive to iterate quickly and release features as quickly as possible to collect feedback for our next development cycle.
But even more importantly, we are a family. Our department consists of around a dozen different nationalities, we love and encourage diversity and always treat each other with respect. Also, we hang out outside of work, have events such as company-sponsored Hackathons, and go all-out in our yearly global company trips.
The things we work on day-to-day
The finance and equity space is quite complex and one of the main challenges we face is how to simplify this area into a platform that can easily guide, educate and help our clients know how to understand and maximize the value of their equity. We work on clever solutions to teach complex topics in simple ways so that our clients do not need to do the hard work themselves. We are continuously being critical of ourselves by analyzing our UI/UX experience, talking with clients about our platform and reviewing our own processes internally. We also handle complex tax calculations for our equity tools that require an in-depth understanding of the US tax system and its implications on stock options and shares.