Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
As a Full stack Engineer, you’ll balance speed, quality and reliability to get the right solution deployed to our providers and clients today. You enjoy data modeling, fast product cycles, and you highly value robust testing.
As a Full stack engineer, you’ll work on large parts of the software stack and take part in all engineering-related decisions. You love clean, scalable code, but you’re equally in love with scrappy, rapid iteration and feedback cycles. We've got a ton of interesting problems to solve around data analytics, data pipelines, and predictions, system reliability, security, privacy, and more. If you're passionate about tackling hard problems while making a real difference in the world, we'd love to talk!
What you will do:
* Define and implement features in our native and web applications to provide telehealth services to our patients
* Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
* Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
* Focus on code quality improvements using unit and integration testing, code reviews, and continuous integration
* Evolve our team culture and processes through collaboration, participation in sprint rituals and retros, and mentorship.
* Provide technical guidance and mentorship to peers
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, Flexible time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
* 3+ years experience building scalable systems and backend services
* 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
* 3+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
* Experience with React
* Demonstrated experience driving change within an organization and leading complex technical projects
* You’re comfortable working in a new, small team that is growing – you’ll need to be happy with ambiguity and things changing on a regular basis
* You feel confident making trade-off decisions between moving quickly and getting products in the hands of our customers, versus building secure, scalable and resilient systems
Bonus if you have the following:
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Experience working in healthcare-related industry preferred
Equip makes gold-standard eating disorder care accessible to all people through Family-Based Treatment (FBT) delivered at home for lasting recovery. Created by experts in the field and people who’ve been there, Equip builds upon this model of care by providing families with a dedicated five-person care team including a therapist, dietitian, physician, and peer & family mentor.
Equip’s fully virtual platform allows families to arrange treatment to fit their schedules and needs, instead of upending their routines to send their child away from home. We believe Equip is a much-needed alternative to the status quo treatment options and will transform the way people receive care.