Software Engineer - Athena Applied Intelligence
About Athena Applied Intelligence
Athena is a cross-asset platform transforming technology at JP Morgan. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of the firm's business, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research. Athena combines the best of open source technologies with innovative components developed internally, and serves a wide spectrum of users and stakeholders including the front office, quantitative researchers and technology teams.
In Athena Applied Intelligence team, we combine the power of Data Science (DS), AI, ML, optimization algorithms and automation to augment human intelligence and solve business problems at scale. We are on a mission to make better and smart use of data, identify and solve high-impact analytical, decision and optimization problems to unlock business value at scale.
You will be part of a highly creative, innovative and passionate team of engineers looking to generate actionable insights and advance the state-of-the-art in automated and scalable intelligent decision making. We embrace a culture of experimentation, collaboration, creativity and innovation, and constantly strive for improvement and continuous learning.
Are you a strong creative software engineer, a quick learner, a data enthusiast, aspiring to be solving problems related to data, AI and ML in a highly motivated and innovative team? Then we want to hear from you.
As a full-stack Software Engineer, you are expected to have strong hands-on experience and excellent coding and software development skills. You are an eager problem solver who is curious, keen and able to adapt and learn existing and new technologies quickly. To be successful in this role, you must be passionate about software engineering, data-driven intelligence and innovation. You have an analytical mind and deep expertise in cutting-edge technologies, robust design, development, coding and testing of high standard and scalable software.
You are expected to work very closely with data scientists and engineers on the full pipeline from ideation to production scale products. You will take part in the data engineering journey, model/algorithm implementation and deployment, full-stack solution integration in existing frameworks and design/implementation of new products.
You will engage with exciting new and ongoing projects in collaboration with internal teams. Some of the projects include compute/resource optimization and application of data science/intelligence in Software Engineering/SLDC related problem domains. There are interesting opportunities for creative problem solving, analytical techniques and automation. The project domain continues to grow as per business needs.
Having a quantitative background/experience (e.g., data science, AI, ML) in addition to your solid software engineering skills is highly desirable. You will have ample opportunities to learn and engage in full stack data science research & development.
Required Qualifications and Experience
● A Bachelor's degree or higher in a computational field (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or in a related discipline)
● Excellent coding and software development skills in Python
● Strong SDLC mindset and familiarity with agile paradigms
● Proven track record in delivering full-stack software solutions at scale in commercial contexts
● Must be curious, detail-oriented, results- and client-focused, highly motivated by complex analytical and data problems
● Excellent creative problem solver, quick learner, a data enthusiast and passionate about realizing the full power of applied data intelligence in real complex and commercial settings
Preferred Qualifications and Experience :
● Prior development experience in Athena or equivalent platforms
● A quantitative background, prior experience or interest in data/ML engineering, data science, AI and ML disciplines
● Experience working in data analytics and/or AI/ML engineering teams
● Practical experience with application of data science to software engineering and/or compute optimization problems
* Experience with AWS technologies related to data, analytics and AI/ML
* In-depth knowledge of big data technologies, modern data engineering practices, frameworks and data visualization tools
● Experience working with complex business and data processesJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.