Locations: VA - Richmond, United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Manager, Software Engineering, Front End
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, [https://www.capitalone.com/diversity/business-resource-groups/] and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
We are seeking Front End Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies to join our team. As a Capital One Software Engineer [https://www.capitalonecareers.com/category/engineering-jobs/1732/29016/1], you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One. Learn more about#lifeatcapitalone [https://www.capitalonecareers.com/blog]and our commitment to diversity & inclusion [https://www.capitalone.com/diversity/our-commitment/]by jumping to slides 76-91 [https://ecm.capitalone.com/Release/wcm/COF_corporate-social-responsibility-2019-2020.pdf#page=76]on our Corporate Social Responsibility Report. This requisition is an advertisement for multiple opportunities within our Tech organization. By applying to this particular role, you'll also be considered forother roles within Capital One's Engineering Organization [https://www.capitalonecareers.com/category/engineering-jobs/1732/29016/1].
What You’ll Do:
* Lead a portfolio of diverse technology projects and a team of developers with deep experience in machine learning, distributed microservices, and full stack systems to create solutions that help meet regulatory needs for the company
* Work with a team of developers with deep experience in machine learning, distributed microservices, and full stack systems
* Perform software development on Front End Applications leveraging a test-driven development pattern
* Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems
* Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community
* Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to help millions of Americans achieve financial empowerment
* Bachelor’s Degree
* At least 4 years of experience with Angular, React.js, Node.js, or TypeScript
* At least 2 years of experience with AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, or another cloud service
* At least 2 years of experience in Agile practices
* At least 2 years of people management experience
* Master's Degree
* 2+ years of DevOps or CI/CD experience
* AWS Certification (Certified Developer or Solutions Architect)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.