URL: http://www.whitespectre.com/ [http://www.whitespectre.com/]
Whitespectre [http://www.whitespectre.com/] is a product-centric, technology consultancy for both VC funded start-ups and large, established companies across the US and Europe. We’re also a product incubator with our own applications and B2B SaaS platform. As long-term partners to our clients, we’ve played a critical role in their growth- both through the products we co-create and the expertise and processes we bring. Proudly remote first since 2013, we’re a close-knit team of 75, working in fast-moving, cross-functional agile pods to solve interesting technical challenges and drive real business impact.
What's it like to be an Engineer at Whitespectre?
* All of our engineers are sharp technical experts with the ability to think like product owners - being able to advocate for code quality as a long-term strategic investment while knowing when to adapt a more start-up mentality to deliver rapid business value. They work with the team to make architecture and implementation decisions, and stay up to date with the latest technologies and approaches.
* Our Frontend engineers live and breathe pixel perfect design, highly performant frontend implementations and are always implementing for multiple devices.
* Whitespectre projects use a fully-modern tech stack- toolset includes Node.js/Express, ReactJS, Typescript, Webpack, Shopify, REST/GraphQL, Rails, Postgres, Elastic, CI/CD with Docker, Heroku/AWS, etc. Working smartly is important to us; automation, dynamic environments spin up with new feature branches and slack bot integrations control our production releases.
* The majority of our projects involve building greenfield applications and our delivery teams typically own products end to end - your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
* You can read more about life in our engineering team in this blog post by our Senior Engineer, Eneko.
* Competitive salaries, with payment in USD
* Annual Performance & Salary Reviews, with structured, supported & proactive career management
* 20 Days PTO & 3 Charity Days annually
* Funded face-to-face meet ups in Barcelona, as well as South America and Asia
* Assisted Relocation package up to $5k
* Flexible working hours for efficient teaming in a 100% remote environment (proudly remote-first for 9 years!)
* Free English classes & educational expenses support
* Generous Employee Referral Plan
* Team Fitness and Charity Initiatives
In addition to the above benefits, we foster an inclusive working environment that provides:
* Great company environment - check out Glassdoor [https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Whitespectre-Reviews-E1575846.htm?countryRedirect=true]
* On-going career guidance & support with your Capability Leader and Mentor working with you to achieve your goals
* Personalized onboardings
* Opportunity to contribute to company-level initiatives
* Work with a broad range of best-in-class technologies
* Cross-company knowledge groups - improve your expertise, share your learnings and work with different technologies and tools
* Regular brown bag learning sessions
* An emphasis on work-life balance
This is the right position for you if want-
* To build frontends initially on Shopify and in the future other platforms
* The challenge of collaborating with business stakeholders and Product Managers to advocate for technology solutions while bearing in mind the tradeoffs for business results
* The responsibility of designing new architectures and being confident to justify your technology decisions. (Plus debating and recognizing when a colleague has an even better idea!)
* The opportunity to go outside your core expertise and strengthen skills with other technologies and learn more
* An environment where excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) are valued and honed.
* A culture where people from different backgrounds interact, collaborate and reach a shared goal
The “check the box” Requirements
* Have worked on Frontend projects with multiple developers on the team
* Experience contributing to technical decision-making within a team
* Can work full-time with a significant crossover with the core hours: 11 am - 7 pm Central European Time
* Live outside of the US. Please, no recruitment agencies.
Interested in applying?
* Apply by completing the form below - and we’ll get back to you. Candidates enjoy meeting our FE Technical Leads, and discussing interesting coding challenges as part of our updated selection process.
* Or email us with any questions on email@example.com [firstname.lastname@example.org].
* Our process includes the following:
* A 30 minute video call with our Talent Acquisition team to understand your experience & expectations
* A 60 minute technical interview including a live code working sessions with a lead engineer to explore your technical capabilities
* Final interview(s) with the company leadership to confirm fit & finalize your offer