Soul Machines is changing the face of human computer interaction, and we're seeking a skilled Principal SDET to join the team. We're a hugely diverse team of researchers, engineers, artists and more. With staff from all around the globe we welcome applications from anyone who believes they can add value.
We are looking for a Principal Software Development Engineer in Test to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. The responsibilities include researching, designing, and implementing test automations. Defining best practices and standards to deliver product with highest quality. Review peer automation scripts and mentor team.
The Principal role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for identifying key challenges in day-to-day QA activities and come with simple solutions to make things easy to test but also maintain high standards.
* Utilise open-source tools or develop custom scripts for automating tests to validate software products involving both back-end processing systems and Web-based GUIs.
* Ensure complex automated scripts are created, modified, and maintained.
* Goal towards executing automation scripts regularly through CI/CD pipelines.
* Develop automation strategies that will enhance test execution, manual test coverage and the consistency of regression testing.
* Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans, test cases, and test reports.
* Execute functional, integration, regression, performance, and resiliency tests for multiple applications/subsystems.
* Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
* Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet team needs.
* Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
* Mentor Junior resources to up-skill on Automation.
* Review peer’s work and provide feedback.
* Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
* Passionate about SDET
* 10+ years experience in QA as a Software Developer in Test
* Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
* Strong communication and negotiation skills.
* Demonstrated skill in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
* Distributed Systems experience, AWS, AZURE and Google Cloud.
* Extensive hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
* 8+ years hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
* Experience in Chatbots, NLP, and speech synthesis.
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
* Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
* Champion for Test Automation, CI/CD, and Agile/Scrum with SDET embedded in a team.
* Embodies the following key principles: Customer Obsession, Deliver Results, Ownership, Invent and Simplify, Bias for Action, Disagree and Commit, and Insists on the Highest Standards
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
* Previous experience with Machine Learning or AI technologies
* Competitive salary
* Flexible / remote working
* Monthly massage
* Latest tools and tech
* Birthday day off
* 5 weeks annual leave
Our number one value is trusted relationships with our customers and employees.
We are wholeheartedly committed to a diverse and inclusive culture. We recruit across the globe, languages and cultures.
Our success depends on the success of our customers and we are dedicated to making sure every experience with a Digital Person is exceptional.
From day one, we have been laser focused on providing the most astonishing Digital People.
Who should apply
At Soul Machines we want people to feel they can apply for a job even if they don’t think they’re the “perfect” candidate ..perfect doesn’t exist. We don’t just look for people who tick all the boxes, we look for individuals with passion and enthusiasm who want to grow with us.
So whatever your background, if this type of company excites you, then please send us your application. We look forward to speaking with you.
Soul Machines Limited
Where Deep Science & Technology Meets Real World Applications
Soul Machines is changing the way the world interacts with technology
For innovators and brands seeking to communicate, collaborate and cooperate like never before Soul Machines™ is the first Human Experience Platform that gives you the ability to automate and personalise digital interfaces and interactions at scale.
Soul Machines™ is a deep science and technology company fusing AI, computational brain models and experiential learning to usher in a new era of Human Experience across all digital platforms and interfaces. We are first applying our innovations to redefine customer and brand experience – through digital interfaces and applications ranging from service and support to sales and product. In the process we’ve created the world’s most human digital beings.
Leading innovators and brands are using Soul Machines™ AI HX™ Platform to create, deploy and manage new forms of digital interfaces that operate independently. They are driving the shift from transmission to interaction. From content to compelling communications and powerful emotional connections.
Our revolutionary AI HX™ Platform consists of Soul Machines Digital DNA Studio for creating and personalising hyper-real interfaces rapidly and at scale. Our Soul Engine™ integrates deep AI, computational brain models and Experiential Learning to dynamically manage interfaces across all environments, infusing them with intelligence and your brand personality. SoulX™ provides the community, tools and services to deploy with development and brand partners.
Soul Machines is the brainchild of Academy Award winner Dr Mark Sagar and Entrepreneur Greg Cross.
We started with 10 employees in 2016 based in a lab in Auckland, New Zealand. This has quickly grown to 150 and counting with staff representing 17 Countries. Our main centres are Auckland and San Francisco with other offices in New York, Melbourne, Tokyo and London
We search for curious people who love to solve problems. We’re breaking new ground and every team faces technological challenges that haven’t been faced before, making this a challenging and extremely rewarding place to be.
Our staff have the latest tools and tech needed to do the best job possible. If you need a standing desk then we can make that happen too. Want to work from home? no problem
We regularly put on staff lunches, and of course endless coffee! If you’re in the NZ office we also make our way over to beautiful Waiheke island every Christmas for an amazing meal and wine at one of the world's leading wineries.