At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe! After our new $125M Series D funding, bringing our valuation to $1.7B and thus making us the most valuable HR tech company in Europe, we are growing our team more than ever!
Join the Payroll Tribe as a Senior Backend Engineer and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of our platform. You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, where you will get to play out your dev skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for the full cycle of feature development in your team ("You build it, you run it"), and take part in architecting the backend of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Personio you will:
* Drive technical discussions inside the team and communicate technical decisions to stakeholders
* Identify, document, and communicate technical improvements within the team domain
* Contribute to the creation of internal team engineering standards
* Coach and onboard junior and professional team members
* Drive small- to medium-sized cross-team engineering initiatives
* Participate in technical case interviews
How we work:
* We are transforming our PHP and Ruby application into Go and Kotlin microservices!
* We are a product company so our teams are organized in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, a Designer, a Product Manager, and an Engineering Manager on one product vertical of our HR Management & Recruiting software.
* We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
What you need to succeed
* 5+ years of software development experience, from design to deployment and monitoring in production, using Kotlin, Go, PHP, Ruby, or other programming languages
* Strong OO design skills (SOLID 100%)
* Knowledge with automated testing and of when and what to test
* Experience in CI/CD, pull/merge request and code reviews
* Knowledge of a web framework (preferred Spring Boot or similar)
* Experience with event-driven architectures, domain-driven design, resilience patterns, and microservices
* Experience with containerization and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes preferred) in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
* Proactive problem solver. You leave code and processes in better shape than when you first encountered them
* Team player: You are passionate about working with talented teammates. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
* Interest and passion to learn and experiment with new technologies and follow the best practices in software development for agile environments
* Strong written and spoken English skills
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
* Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
* Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
* 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
* Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
* Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
* Comprehensive healthcare scheme covered for each permanent employee (excl. taxes).
* Pension scheme with up to 5% matching contribution
* Discounts across a range of brands so you can save money while shopping at Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.
* Find your best way to work with office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs
* Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
Personio is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, or being a member of the traveller community.
Personio is the all-in-one HR software for small and medium-sized companies. Based in Munich, Madrid, London and Dublin,
Personio's mission is to make HR processes as transparent and efficient as possible so HR can focus on what matters most: people and strategy. The Personio solution includes human resources, recruiting and payroll and supports all core HR processes every business needs to do. More than 3,000 customers operating in over 80 countries use Personio.
In January 2021 alone, Personio received a $125 million Series D funding. With a valuation of $1.7 billion, Personio has ‘unicorn’ status and is the most valuable HR tech company in Europe. As one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe, we have a great product, an amazing team with almost 600 employees and a market that is only waiting to be developed.
Being a Personio means being part of something big. It means shaping the future of HR, the future of our company and at the very same time: your own. We are just getting started and aim high: Our goal is to build the leading HR platform in Europe.
* More than 500 colleagues from more than 56 nations
* Have a direct impact on the daily work of tens of thousands of users and work in a creative environment with talented and ambitious team members
* Colleagues and Teamleads who value knowledge and reasoning over seniority
* Flexible working hours and home office regulation
* High-end hardware, e.g. MacBooks and noise-canceling headphones
* Regular team events, including office dinners, skiing trips, and parties
Check out our open engineering positions at https://www.personio.com/about-personio/careers [https://www.personio.com/about-personio/careers/]