Whitespectre [http://www.whitespectre.com/] is a product-centric, technology consultancy for both vc funded start-ups and large companies across the US and Europe. As long-term partners to our clients, we’ve played a critical role in their growth- both through the products we co-create and the expertise and processes we bring. We’re also a product incubator ourselves, with our own applications and growing b2b SaaS platform.
Proudly remote first since 2013, we’re a close-knit team of 75, working in fast-moving, agile pods to solve interesting technical challenges and drive real business impact.
What's it like to be a Senior React Native engineer at Whitespectre?
* Whitespectre operates on a fully-modern tech stack- toolset includes Node.js/Express, ReactJS, Typescript, Webpack, REST/GraphQL, Rails, Postgres, Elastic, CI/CD with Docker, Heroku/AWS, etc. Working smartly is important to us; automation, dynamic environments spin up with new feature branches and slack bot integrations control our production releases.
* The majority of our projects involve building greenfield applications and our delivery teams typically own products end to end - your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
What else is great about working at Whitespectre?
* Interesting challenges: We’ve done everything from scaling high-performance, high concurrency micro-service backends, building beautiful (but complex) user interfaces to handling real-time event streams from hardware devices..
* Grow everyday: Be in an environment that embraces constant learning and exploring - whether it’s a new skill, a new way of thinking, or a new product experiment, we know it’s the key to staying motivated.
* Career progression: Get the opportunities, knowledge sharing, and mentorship to grow- whether you want to move into management or Principle Engineer. We proudly promote from within.
* Work-life balance: Thrive at work, but know that it doesn’t take over your life. Clear processes and realistic planning avoids fires!
* Paid Meetups: We love remote, but face to face is pretty great too. Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona or at a local meetup.
* Competitive rates, long-term outlook: We offer competitive rates and a long-term, full-time contract position. Many of our team members have been with us for 5+ years.
* Want to know more? Check out Glassdoor
This is the right position for you if want-
* The challenge of collaborating with business stakeholders and Product Managers to advocate for technology solutions while bearing in mind the tradeoffs for business results
* The responsibility of designing new solutions and being confident to justify your technology decisions. (Plus debating and recognizing when a colleague has an even better idea!)
* To solve problems that can’t be addressed by just searching Stack Overflow
* The opportunity to go outside your core React Native expertise and strengthen skills with other technologies (e.g. React.js, Node.js)
* An environment where excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) are valued and honed
A culture where people from different backgrounds interact, collaborate and reach a shared goal
The “check the box” Requirements
* Experience contributing to technical decision making within a team
* Can work full-time with a significant crossover with the core hours: 11am - 6pm Central European Time
* Live outside of the US. Please, no recruitment agencies.
Interested in applying?
* Apply by completing the form below
Why is it good to work with us?
Because we work on great projects. Sure, we can list the latest set of technologies that we use, but that is a given. Everyone does that right? What's more interesting is how they are used - the design, the architecture, the approach to solving business problems, and helping businesses to grow. And we do that across multiple clients - each and everyone we're excited to work with.
Because we believe in constant learning and exploring - whether that’s a new skill, a new role, or a new way of seeing. And because we've found that we learn the most when we take on new challenges as a team. We’re proud that people love working with us (and still have lives outside of work). Want to know more? Check out www.whitespectre.com [http://www.whitespectre.com/] and we're proud of what people are saying about us on Glassdoor [https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Whitespectre-Reviews-E1575846.htm]