Headquarters: Atlanta, Georgia
URL: https://sitecare.com [https://sitecare.com]
SiteCare is looking for an experienced and motivated WordPress Developer to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation of knowledge and experience related to WordPress, its internal APIs, and all technologies within the WordPress stack.
The candidate should also be results-driven, ambitious, organized, articulate and a self-starter. The Senior WordPress Developer will be responsible for feature development, troubleshooting and debugging, as well as expertly communicating results with the rest of the SiteCare team.
This is a full-time, fully remote position. Compensation is dependent upon experience.
For the Senior WordPress Developert team member to succeed in this role, they must embody SiteCare’s four company values in their day-to-day work:
* Extra Mile
* Develop and extend WordPress plugins, themes, and blocks.
* Contribute to the improvement of SiteCare's Development SOPs.
* Troubleshooting and debugging websites of varying complexities and scale.
* Build pixel-perfect mobile-responsive layouts from Figma designs using custom WordPress themes.
* Leverage WordPress APIs and extend the WordPress admin experience.
* Help develop systems to improve efficiency for WordPress maintenance routines.
* Balance current projects with incoming tasks, and being able to differentiate between importance and urgency.
* Test solutions across multiple browsers and platforms in a testing environment. Help develop testing protocols and procedures to continuously improve confidence in project delivery.
* Fix bugs and build new features for clients
* Optimize website performance for for Google PageSpeed and Core Web Vitals
* PHP compatibility testing
* Manage and build deployment pipelines with Buddy
* At least five years experience in Full Stack WordPress web development.
* Five years of previous Agency experience
* Experience with troubleshooting tools like Xdebug, Query Monitor, Developer Tools, New Relic, etc.
* Experience building custom blocks in the Gutenberg block editor.
* Familiarity and experience with WordPress Multisite and experience working with large Multisite Networks
* Ability to set up a local environment and expertly debug performance and caching issues across environments.
* Experience optimizing website performance to improve metrics like PageSpeed and Core Web Vitals
* Mastery of verbal and written English; ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.
* Previous remote working experience
* A market-related salary based on your experience
* We’re a fully remote team
* Work from wherever you have access to a fast internet connection.
* Quarterly profit distributions
* Quarterly personal development stipend
* A technology stipend of $2000 every two years