Ritual is a direct-to-consumer health brand that believes it’s crucial to know not just what you’re putting into your body, but why you need it in the first place. We’re transparent about our ingredients, where they're sourced from, and have spent years conducting extensive research behind each of the premium nutrient forms we use. Our products are simple, effective, and backed by science. Our mission is simple: to empower people to feel their best by turning healthy habits into a ritual. We have built a team of curious skeptics, world-class scientists, unconventional artists, expert marketers, and analytical strategists that are on a mission to reinvent an entire industry. We’re well-funded, growing quickly, and committed to our mission. If you’re a team player who refuses to settle for the status quo, we want you. Welcome to your new daily Ritual. Ritual is based in sunny Los Angeles, but will be working remotely until the global health situation improves.
You will be the one who designs and implements systems that connect all the pieces of the business. This includes short and mid-term projects that will immediately move key company metrics as well as laying the technical foundation for long-term success. This is an exciting opportunity and critical role for a very fast-growing brand. We believe that great digital experiences are an important part of any company’s success, and we think you'll agree. As a subscription service, we help our customers better invest in the products they’ve subscribed to, by reinforcing the habits that help them in their long-term mission. You’ll be a part of a strong digital product team of designers, product managers, qa, devops, and data analysts to continuously add to and improve our customers’ experiences online at scale.
What You'll Do
* Help lead the architecture and execution of everything back-end.
* Establish engineering processes, define company engineering standards, identify and implement core technologies, and remove technical hurdles.
* Work directly with our other Engineers, Product, Finance/Ops, and Marketing teams to implement core functionality that supports scaling our eCommerce platform.
* Build solutions for appropriate scalability. You're ok building something "hacky" if it fits the need, but can also call out real issues and create simple, scalable solutions for them.
What You'll Use
* Our back-end is a Rails API that handles everything from account creation, recurring billing, all the way through to fulfillment.
* We have custom-built integrations into Netsuite for recording transactions and orders, and our third-party logistics provider.
* See more here: https://stackshare.io/ritual-com/ritual [https://stackshare.io/ritual-com/ritual]
Who You Are
* You get jazzed about building experiences for people on the web, helping them get to the things they need, while delighting them wherever they may be. You've worked on creating back-end micro-services, API design/versioning, webhooks, load balancers, caching solutions, serverless tech, database stuff, Rails apps, and more. All over the board, huh? If you can handle anything that's thrown at you – we want you.
* You take pride in your work, and look for opportunities to iterate and make it better. You prioritize a simple solution over a complex one, leaning on the tools available to make your job easier, while ensuring solid test coverage backs up the decisions you’ve made.
* You believe that great data enables you and others to make better decisions.
* You can dive deep and have complex technical conversations with your engineering team, nerd out over design decisions, and then turn around and explain those same conversations to non-technical teams.
* Up for a challenge. You believe that just because something is difficult that it is not a reason for not doing it. In fact, that might be validation that it is worth doing, right?
What You Need
* Education: BS in Computer Science or other engineering/technical field. Equivalent experience also accepted.
* Experience: 5-7 years of developing clean, scalable and efficient web apps in a fast-paced environment.
* Previous experience integrating with other systems, like Netsuite, SAP, or other enterprise platforms.
* Extensive experience with Ruby and the Rails framework, Sidekiq, and Grape API.
* Experience benchmarking, debugging, and monitoring systems pre and post deploy.
* Interest in learning additional skills/technologies as we continue to scale our platform.
Why Ritual? Since launching in October 2016, Ritual has grown to be a cultural revolution in the health industry. We’re not about pseudoscience, half-truths or health fads. We are simple, effective, and backed by real science. We have some pretty great benefits & perks related to our office environment, however they have been limited due to the global health situation. See below for our adjusted available perks until we can get back into the office together!
* Equity participation
* 401k Match - Up to 4%
* WFH assistance: $300 total per Ritual employee to help contribute toward remote work costs
* Free Ritual products!
* Unlimited PTO - 10 days minimum to keep you fresh
* Bi-Annual Performance Reviews
* “Ritual First Fridays” - Entire company takes off the first Friday of each month
* 3 months paid maternity/paternity leave and we cover health insurance during any additional time taken under protected baby bonding time off
* Childcare assistance: $200 per eligible Ritual employee (childcare providers) per month
* Periodic private workouts with trainers on Zoom
Ritual is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
Since launching in October 2016, Ritual has grown to be a cultural revolution in the health industry. We are dedicated to creating a brand that speaks to a healthy, clean, and no B.S. lifestyle. We’re not about pseudoscience, half-truths or health fads. We are simple, effective and backed by real science. Welcome to your new daily Ritual.