ucows Wireless Services is building a new modern SaaS platform to help wireless companies operate around the world. The rollout of 5G networks in the US and elsewhere provides opportunities for innovation in the telecom space. As an Internet company, our culture, experience, and approach position us well to take advantage of these.
If you are a seasoned System Architect who is excited to shape a new and evolving architecture as we scale from zero to millions of users, we may have a job for you!
* Own the System Architecture of a new Event Driven system designed to handle millions of users
* Create and own an Architectural Roadmap, working closely with Product and Scrum teams to deliver it
* Identify and prioritize Non Functional Requirements and ensure our System Designs allow these to be met
* Lead design and solutioning of new projects and features
* Establishing Best Practices in areas such as Development, System Design, Performance, CI/CD, Observability
We are looking for people with the following:
* 5+ years of experience leading architecture and design for a highly scalable system
* 3+ years working with Microservices and tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Nomad
* Hands on experience with Apache Kafka and Microservices
* Deep understanding of DDD, Event Driven Architecture Patterns, and Event Sourcing
* Experience working closely with Product Owners and Scrum teams to meet goals
* Experience evaluating, selecting, and coordinating technology choices
* Experience working in scaled Agile environments and supporting a multi-scrum team development project
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with mentoring teams and individuals
Why work with us:
* You enjoy working with a fully remote company
* You want to work with cutting edge technologies
* You enjoy greenfield software development
* You excel at solving problems at scale for millions of people
* You want to work with and learn from some of the smartest minds in the industry
Nice to have:
* Experience with one of Go, Ruby, Python
* Experience with PostgreSQL and Redis
* Experience with the Nomad, Consul, Vault, and the Hashicorp stack
* Experience with Datadog
* Experience with C4 Models or another modelling method
* Experience designing Restful APIs
* Experience designing and improving CI/CD Pipelines
* Experience in the telecoms space
Yes, we're that Tucows. We've grown quite a bit since our download [https://archive.org/details/tucows] days.
We do a lot, but at our core, we're in the business of keeping people connected and keeping the Internet open.
As the second-largest domain registrar in the world by volume (OpenSRS [https://opensrs.com/], Enom [https://www.enom.com/], EPAG [https://www.epag.de/], Ascio [https://www.ascio.com/], and Hover [https://www.hover.com/]), we help people find their place online.
As Ting Internet [https://ting.com/internet], we bring Crazy Fast Fiber InternetⓇ to communities across the U.S, helping them unlock the power of the Internet.
As a Mobile Services Enabler (MSE), we force big networks to compete and innovate.
#JoinTheHerd at https://www.tucows.com/careers/ [https://www.tucows.com/careers/]
Investor info (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC): https://www.tucows.com/investors/ [https://www.tucows.com/investors/]
It’s pronounced two-cows, btw.
What's it like to work at Tucows?
1. Work on products that leave their mark.
From Tucows Downloads, which changed the way shareware was accessed during the early Internet, to our Mobile Enablement Service, which is powering Dish's entry into the US mobile market, the products we make bring incredible impact and shifting change. If you're looking to build the future with a company that's been here since the beginning, this is the place for you.
2. Build what's next.
Our bests ideas come from people who challenge the status quo.
At Tucows, we empower you to share your ideas because we know they can only make us better. We want people with a build-it-yourself mindset that likes to figure out how things work and knows how to make them better. If you like building things and looking to make an impact, we want you to #BuildItAtTucows.
3. Define your own experience.
At Tucows, we believe you’re only limited by your willingness to grow. Whether it’s taking advantage of cross-functional projects, leveraging our Learning Reimbursement Fund, or working on new initiatives with other herd members, there are so many ways you can maximize your learning and unlock your potential. We aim to create an environment where everyone can thrive and feel empowered to take on new challenges.